So it’s 1st May again .. But this year 1st May has double importance .. Because in 2010, both Gujarat and Maharashtra are completing their 50 years of foundation .. A Swarnim (Golden) Jayanti (Jubilee) for both the progressive and highly successful states ..
It was the day when Gujarat and Maharashtra were separated from each other on the basis of language spoken in each region .. Majority of Gujarati people were granted a new state Gujarat while majority Marathi-speaking maharashtrians were given a new state Maharashtra .. But still many Gujarati stay in Maharashtra and many maharashtrians stay in Gujarat..These two communities have mixed together so well that it reminds of how sugar gets absorb in milk…
So I am feeling an immense pleasure in wishing Gujarat and Maharashtra a very happy birthday..
Narendra Modi – the CM of Gujarat – has planned several Swarnim Gujarat events to celebrate this auspicious day .. As usual, Congress has shown a red-face to these functions and they are celebrating Gujarat Day on its own .. Poor politics and poor congress who even does not have a single leader in Gujarat who can stand shoulder-to-shoulder when it comes to charisma and good governance of Mr. Modi ..
Our print & electronic media and pseudo-secularists have tried their level best to spoil the image of Gujarat and Gujarati after Godhra-riots .. Gujarat has silenced its critics by providing development, safety and a great infrastructure to education, industtry and agriculture areas .. Following facts are surely worth mentioning about Gujarat…
2. Gujarat holds many records in India for economic development: 20% of India ’s Industrial Output · 9% of India ’s Mineral Production· 22% of India ’s exports· 24% of India ’s textile production· 35% of India ’s pharmaceutical products· 51% of India ’s petrochemical production
3. Gujarat is having the longest sea shore compared to any other Indian state
4. Gujarat is having the highest no. of operating airports in India (Total 12).
5. India ’s 16% of Investment are from Gujarat .
6. Surat is the fastest growing city in the world.
7. Gandhinagar is the Greenest Capital City in whole Asia .
8. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) is Asia’s 1 st and world’s 45th ranked management college located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat .
9. Gujarat is the safest state as the Crime rate of it is 8.2 which is the least in India even after considering 2002 communal riots, stated by India Today 2005 report.
10. Gujarat is having least crime against women among all Indian states (excluding Goa).
11.Ahmedabad which is the seventh largest city in India is the lowest in crime rate among all Tier-I and Tier-II cities of India as per National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) report.
12. Ahmedabad is ranked 2nd in Real Estate – Ahead of Bangalore,Chennai, Hyderabad, Mmbai & Delhi. 3rd in Policy Initiatives – Ahead of Bangalore , Chennai, Kolkata , Mumbai & Delhi. 4th in Manpower – Ahead of Bangalore ,Chennai, Mumbai & Delhi.
13. Last but not the least, Gujarat has NARENDRA MODI as its chief-minister.
Once again a very happy birthday to Gujarat and Maharashtra..Nobody can stop you from growing and flourishing…God bless you ..
Proud to be a Gujju and a Mumbaikar !!